Director of Operations (Telecommunications) | Nsight/Cellcom
Company: Nsight (Cellcom)
Job Title: Director of Operations (Telecommunications)
Category: Engineering (Networking)
Submit resume to: email@example.com
Nsight, parent company of Cellcom, Nsight Telservices, and Nsight Tower wants YOU to join our team!
Our family of companies provides wireless, business and residential local service, long distance, internet, web hosting and tower erection and maintenance services in the Midwest. Our green initiatives, commitment to customer service and local philanthropic efforts make us an employer of choice in the state of Wisconsin. We’re looking for individuals who are driven, enthusiastic and care about our community. More importantly, we like to hire people looking to grow with an organization and those who are excited about the ever-changing telecommunications industry.
Directs entire landline (CLEC) and wireless installation and maintenance operations for the corporation, including circuit mode (TDM) and packet mode (Ethernet) based transport systems, broadband access network elements such as, Metro-Ethernet, DSL, SONET, VoIP, etc. This position is also responsible for all installation and maintenance activities in support of the Cellcom wireless system. Supervises network technical staff, trains and develops subordinates, manages interdepartmental relationship, and supports corporate goals and initiatives. Provides long term vision for network growth in conversion to all IP based networks. Directs all network system planning, installation, monitoring, testing, service and restoration. Performs network systems capacity analysis with statistical reporting for anticipation of growth requirements and operational reports. Expand and implement new methods to continually reduce intra-network backhaul costs. Develop and manage least cost routing initiatives to continually reduce costs through current and future interconnection agreements. Initiate plans and procedures to provide internal and external customers with exceptional network service. Responsible for development and management of the annual network operating cost budget.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Coordinates and supervises all networking functions, operations and staff. Handle non-routine matters and ambiguous issues.
2. Operates entire cellular network to obtain 100% reliability at minimum costs. Direct the network capacity team and negotiate contracts to lower costs and improve quality.
3. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and termination of staff; setting and measuring goals for each staff member. Establishes salary recommendations for approval by vice president.
4. Trains new employees and updates existing employees on new methods and processes for networking; provides training and delivers presentations related to network operations.
5. Plans and manages network operations, adheres to budget and monitors network performance measurements. Will effectively document and communicate technical detail to all levels within the company.
6. Researches intelligent network options to improve efficiencies and processes. Considerable vendor negotiation regarding deliver and price. Develops and manages ongoing relationships with key network operators and services suppliers.
7. Works collaboratively with other engineering and Nsight departments to resolve network troubles and improve network quality.
8. Develops annual network operating cost budget (OPEX) and provides inputs to annual capital (CAPEX) budget process.
9. May be assigned special and/or confidential projects of a strategic nature.
10. Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
Bachelors degree or comparable experience required.
5 years progressive network experience, and 7-10 years managing technical staff.
Working knowledge of packet transport systems; circuit-mode (TDM) and packet-mode/soft switching systems.
Basic understanding of 3G and LTE network architectures.
Experience managing a 24×7 operation.
Experience managing remote staff.
In-depth, working knowledge of a telecommunication network hierarchy.
Must understand and apply traffic engineering principles.
Strong budgeting, analyzing data and problem solving skills.
Able to lead, manage, delegate, train, coach and develop staff.