CCA’s Business Innovation Group (BIG)
CCA’s BIG is a carrier-only working group and is charged with determining and prioritizing the top challenges facing CCA carrier members and seeking innovative, efficient, and effective solutions – both technological and practical – for competitive wireless carriers. The BIG also evaluates, designs and selects CCA’s Industry Development Programs (Programs) that aim to increase efficiency, cost savings and/or revenue opportunities for the association and its carrier members. The intent of the Programs is to support a healthy wireless ecosystem that provides solutions and creates differentiators for CCA carrier members, so they may compete in the marketplace.
Kim Caronchi, CCA’s Director of Industry Development, manages the BIG.
The BIG consists of representatives from CCA carrier members who meet every six to eight weeks in-person or via conference call. The BIG also meets during CCA’s two annual trade show events to review and discuss current and potential Programs, and evaluate new challenges and opportunities confronting carriers. Programs are vetted by Kim Caronchi, CCA President & CEO Steven K. Berry, and the BIG Steering Committee, which is co-chaired by two CCA board members who oversee Program evaluations on an ad hoc basis.
Many Programs offer discounts to CCA members and provide a small revenue share for the association to help fund advocacy efforts and Program management. This approach was recommended and approved by CCA’s Board of Directors, and Program revenue is accounted for in the association’s budget. A first-class advocacy operation is essential for all CCA members, and revenue outside of membership dues and events profits is vital to effectively represent the industry and impact decisions by policymakers within the Federal Government, particularly in Congress and at the Federal Communications Commission. By collaborating together – on both business solutions and advocacy issues – CCA carrier members are stronger.
How can my company participate and present an offer to the BIG?
The BIG promotes non-exclusive arrangements and encourages any CCA member, whether a carrier, associate of affiliate, to contact Kim Caronchi at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your company’s proposed product and/or offering.
The following steps must be taken before a proposal may be considered by the BIG Steering Committee:
- Join CCA, if you are not already a member.
- Contact Kim Caronchi, CCA’s Director of Industry Development, to review your product and/or offer. The presentation should clearly state the industry challenge and solution, as well as a scalable approach.
- Provide a business model that may include special pricing/discounts for CCA carrier members and/or a possible revenue stream or sponsorship opportunity in support of CCA.
After an initial review, your offer will be presented to the Steering Committee. If approved by the Steering Committee, the offer will be presented to the entire BIG for review and approval.
What can I expect if my offer is accepted by the BIG?
- If required, present your offer to the Steering Committee or the entire BIG.
- Purchase an exhibit booth, sponsorship and/or a seminar at CCA’s Mobile Carriers Show and Annual Convention to promote your offer and partnership.
- Market your offer and partnership with CCA to your contacts to encourage additional participation and CCA membership.
- Send one joint press release with CCA to announce the offer and strategic partnership.
To learn more about this exclusive member program, contact CCA’s Industry Development team:
Director, Industry Development
Competitive Carriers Association