Senior RF Design Engineer – Tecore Networks
Sr. Radio Frequency Design Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of wireless telecommunications products. Responsibilities include RF hardware design, electrical subsystem integration, analysis, and systems integration into various products.
Key skill sets and technical experience:
- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data processing of various design and optimization equipment and software (HP, Grayson, Comarco, TEMS).
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection.
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation tools (Planet, Tornado, Wizard, Odyssey, dB Planner, etc.) for model calibration, drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis, site database maintenance, etc.
- Verify RF related site engineering drawings.
- Perform design criteria, system dimensioning, link budget and traffic analysis.
- Perform frequency and BCC planning.
- Sound understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and perform inter-modulation analysis .
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters for at least 3 of GSM/GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, TDMA, iDEN, network technologies.
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of at least one of the main 3G technologies (UMTS, 1XRTT/3XRTT, OFDMA, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of primary wireless radio equipment vendors such as Nokia, Ericsson, ALU, or Commscope.
- Familiar with embedded processors, controllers, amplifiers and other integrated system components.
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Generate RF engineering related reports in Excel, Access, SQL as required.
- Assume the RF lead role, manage and co-ordinate activities of the RF team as required.
- Play an active role in recruitment of RF engineering staff and be a mentor to other engineering colleagues as required.
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Communicate RF team budget, milestones, and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required.
- Experience with location services equipment and standards such as GPS/Glonass/SMLC/GMLC
- Masters in Physics/Computer Science/Management Information Systems with Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of RF experience, with at least 3 years of 3G/UMTS focus.
- Reports To: Chief Information Officer
- Working Conditions: Flexible to work long hours including weekends and be ready to fly to the client’s location on a very short notice.
- Travel: Up to 30%.
- Physical and/or Special Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
All inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com