Wireless/Cellular Site Technician
Company: Northeast Iowa Telephone Company
Phone: (563) 539-2122
Job Title: Wireless/Cellular Site Technician
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Installs, troubleshoots, tests, and maintains equipment associated with wireless operations including, tower site, base station equipment, microwave radio systems, power systems and related applications. May interact with customers to troubleshoot, educate or support related equipment.
- Understanding of LTE site commissioning, integration procedures, and general site maintenance
- IP backhaul troubleshooting skills
- Outage restoration and repair
- Ability to create and document installation and troubleshooting procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot various technical issues utilizing industry standard test equipment including but not limited to Power meters, backhaul test setups, spectrum analyzers, CPRI analyzers, PIM/VSWR testers.
- Proven experience directing tower crews during installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Understand of LTE RAN infrastructure
- Review daily site usage statistics to insure sites are performing as required
- Complete monthly site inspections including power system tests, generator tests, general cleaning and upkeep of cell sites.
- On call responsibilities
- 3-5 years’ direct experience in network operations / network engineering directly supporting commissioning, integration, and maintenance of an LTE network
- Demonstrated ability of solid oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver license with good driving record.
- Related technical degree or work experience and/or military background
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
NEIT offers a competitive wage and full benefits package that includes health, dental, matching 401k and more. This is a remote position based in Eastern Iowa. Relocation may be required.