BEC Technologies Announces Industry-First Part 96 Authorized High-Power LTE CPE-CBSD for CBRS
RICHARDSON, Texas – November 4, 2019 – BEC Technologies Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of 4G LTE and emerging 5G wireless broadband solutions, announced today FCC Part 96 approval of the industry’s first High-Power LTE CPE-CBSD. The BEC RidgeWave® 6900R21 is immediately available to support shared commercial use of the 3.5 GHz Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) for fixed wireless broadband services.
Operators seeking a high performance, robust connectivity, and fully ruggedized UE for Part 90 device replacement need look no further. The 6900R21 is your solution; LTE CAT 12 UE supporting carrier aggregation up to 3 CA DL / 2CA uplink, integrated high gain 15dBi 4X4 MIMO directional antenna, and CAT B CPE-CBSD power up to 38 dBm. CBRS deployments with the 6900R21 will experience increased capacity, higher throughput, and extended coverage. Unique to BEC devices are GORE® Vents for pressure equalization, humidity and airflow, this accompanied with lighting/ESD Protection and the IP68/UL 50E enclosure ensure protection against dirt, harmful ingress of water, humidity and extreme temperatures for years of dependable operation.
The 6900R21 integrates seamlessly with BECentral™, BEC’s proven cloud-based remote management as a complete solution for managing large-scale UE deployments. Administrators can remotely provision, monitor, upgrade, and troubleshoot devices from a single centralized location in real-time. For CAF II or other ETC support recipients, BECentral fully supports scheduling, testing, report generation, and submission for FCC Performance Measures.
“This is an exciting time,” said D’Andre Ladson, VP of Marketing, BEC Technologies. “Spectrum sharing creates many opportunities to inject capacity into existing networks, and we are excited for the future and eager to continue advancing the market opportunities of the CBRS spectrum!”
Features and Benefits of the 6900R21:
- BEC Dual-Pol Dual-Slant Adaptive Antenna Technology
- Category 12 with LTE TDD downlink data rates up to 430 Mbps
- IP68 / UL 50E SurTec Treated Die-Cast Alloy Enclosure for harsh weather conditions
- Flexible Network Modes: Bridge, Router and Advanced Networking
- Precise alignment achievable with multi-angle, multi-position mounting brackets
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for flexible location installation and power
- BECentral® BEC’s Cloud-Based device management for extending network visibility and control of devices remotely
- To Review Technical Details: https://bectechnologies.net/portfolio_item/6900R21
- Optional Indoor Wi-Fi Router: https://bectechnologies.net/portfolio_item/eg-210n/