Senet Enhances IoT Connectivity Platforms with Advanced Planning and Management Features for Global LoRaWAN Network Support
Portsmouth, NH – June 28, 2018 — Senet, a leading provider of cloud-based software, global connectivity service platforms and network build-out for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced network server enhancements for its cloud-based, Long Range Wide Area Network (LoRaWAN) connectivity platforms. The new features simplify the deployment, management and monetization of Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) and applications—the fastest growing segment of the IoT market.
It’s no longer about when LPWAN connectivity will be widely available. With coverage and connectivity readiness now in over 80 countries, Senet has established a global LoRaWAN network through the modernization of IoT connectivity and its Low Power Wide Area Virtual Network (LVN™) – an incentive-based ‘Connectivity Marketplace’ in which operators, IoT infrastructure providers, solution providers and system integrators can immediately benefit from revenue share models based on their contribution to the network buildout.
“Companies cannot afford to defer their IoT investment until 5G arrives or delay business growth opportunities based on the promise of NB-IoT or LTE Category M1 coverage at a future date to be determined,” said Bruce Chatterley, CEO at Senet. With these new platform enhancements and our partner-centric engagement models, we’ve effectively broken the mold for reliable, secure and cost-effective IoT connectivity and application deployment at massive scale.”
Additions to Senet’s already expansive global footprint, channel plan and gateway support includes:
● Australian and Latin American regional channel plans.
● EU and U.S. 16-channel plans.
● Dynamic channel plan support for full control over an ISM-band.
● Support for the Laird Sentrius gateway.
● Support for the Tektelic KONA 16 Macro and KONA 8 Indoor EU/India 868 gateways.
A full list of gateway vendors supported by Senet can be found on the Senet website.
Senet has also launched an updated coverage map illustrating its global service delivery footprint. With coverage and connectivity readiness in in over 80 countries. To view coverage availability and readiness in your area, visit Senet’s interactive coverage map at: www.senetco.com/coverage/.
New Network Operator features include:
● Customer onboarding and service provisioning capabilities to streamline the implementation and delivery of multi-tenant connectivity services.
● Gateway provisioning and application monitoring capabilities for enhanced quality-of-service and end-customer application support.
● Advanced network planning such as mapping service addresses of device and gateway locations, gateway view sheds and computed path quality of devices to increase the accuracy and reliability of service delivery.
In addition, Senet has established a unique way for infrastructure providers to participate in the IoT marketplace through its Radio Access Network (RAN) Provider Services. Companies with physical assets such as towers, rooftops, billboards, light poles and municipality-owned locations can join the Senet LVN as a RAN Provider by deploying LoRaWAN gateways and immediately share in the revenue generated by all end devices connecting to their radio access network.
New RAN Provider features include:
● A dedicated RAN Provider portal with access to a full suite of RAN management and deployment capabilities.
● Gateway usage statistics for accounting, capacity planning and utilization.
● Advanced network planning features such as mapping the service addresses of device and gateway view sheds and computed path quality of devices to increase the accuracy and reliability of service delivery.
New Application Provider features include:
● Enhanced network usage and management views and detailed statistics to provide critical insight into application performance.
● Support for application monitoring, troubleshooting and service alerts to enhance application performance and resulting business value.
● Customized interfaces and improved geolocation services that simplify the implementation of power-efficient, GPS-free location capabilities for asset tracking applications.
Inquiries about network coverage, connectivity readiness and Senet’s most recent connectivity platform updates should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations looking to accelerate their time to market with LoRaWAN solutions can register for free access to the Senet Developer Portal which provides advanced development resources to register and manage LoRaWAN end nodes and initiate testing on the Senet network.
About Senet, Inc.
A Founding and Contributing Member of the LoRa Alliance, Senet is the leader in global Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity used to instrument the physical world and enable businesses to revolutionize their operations. With core values centered around changing the world for the better, Senet is committed to promoting IoT Network and Network Management innovation and supports an open partner ecosystem to ensure that IoT realizes its full potential of delivering economic, environmental, and social improvements. Senet is dedicated to supporting the LoRaWAN protocol as the open global standard for secure, carrier-grade Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) connectivity for IoT solutions across all industries. For additional information, visit http://www.senetco.com.
Director of Marketing